Hello everybody,
 I have a numerically intensive code. after getting it to work I started
profiling the code .. and zeroed down that my complex number operations are
the most called functions and probably among the slowest due to my naive
implementation. The code I am using is in the following post.
https://gist.github.com/755484

I had earlier asked a similar question with out doing any profiling .. But
Stuart sierra had suggested that I look at one of his pastes .. which is

http://paste.lisp.org/display/93387

It uses protocols and deftype I noticed that it was an old post .. I could
not get it to compile to try it out.. I was complaining about likes of
trying to convert a name-space-qualified to a type name .. w.r.t ::Complex .
I tried a couple of things to get it working with out success..

Any suggestions to improve my code or to get stuart's code compiled so that
I can try it would be very help full.
Thanks,
Sunil.