On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 11:01 AM, Ken Wesson <kwess...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I hope that didn't include a naive benchmarking of
> take/drop/concat/seq. Because three of those are lazy, you need to
> wrap the output of an algorithm using them in a (doall ...) and then
> in your timing function to get an accurate read on the amount of time
> it actually takes to perform the full algorithm.

Yes, I compared with doall.  Try it and let me know if you get
different results, but I find that traversing a finger tree is so much
slower than traversing a sequence, it all but nullifies any advantages
you get from other operations (even assuming the other operations are
way faster, which they typically are not).