On Jan 1, 8:29 pm, Sunil S Nandihalli <sunil.nandiha...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hello Everybody,
>  can I force the JIT to be called immediately for certain pieces of code
> after it starts executing with out waiting for the JVM realize it is
> necessary....? I would not mind jitting the whole code .. Actually I don't
> mind waiting a few extra seconds at the start since actual run-time for the
> program could be a couple of hundred minutes...
If the program is going to be running for that long anyways, why do
you care?
>  Is startup time the only reason why the whole code is not jitted
> immediately.. ?
Even if the JVM put the code through the compiler right away, the
resulting code wouldn't be very good because it will have not had time
to profile code to apply the more powerful optimizations. It would be
throwing all of that code away once it has had time to profile the
code, so any time spent JITing the code before then is most likely not
worth it.