Hello Michael,

On Jan 3, 7:40 pm, MS <5lvqbw...@sneakemail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I'm new to clojure (though I've messed around in scheme a little)
> and I'm trying to represent an electrical circuit with "pins" and
> "nets" (ie in graph terminology vertices and edges).
>
> I'd like to represent the nets as {:name "net_name" :pins #{pin1 pin2
> pin3}} etc.
> I'd like to represent each pin as {:name "pin_name" :net the_net :type
> pin_type}
>
> I want to query the net for all its attached pins, and to query any
> pin to see what net it's attached to.  The problem here is that these
> are mutually-referring things.  The net refers to the pins and each
> pin refers back to the net.

I found it difficult to find, but I remembered a thread on something
similar:

http://groups.google.com/group/clojure/browse_thread/thread/604b48a520aa0253/5e3f5d3d1d870557?lnk=gst&q=cross+referencing+objects#5e3f5d3d1d870557

The answer from David Nolen mentioned some little used functions of
the Clojure language that may be useful for you.

Saul