On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 5:17 AM, Marek Kubica <ma...@xivilization.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Jan 2011 01:48:43 -0800 (PST)
> Meikel Brandmeyer <m...@kotka.de> wrote:
>
>> Or:
>>
>> (defmethod foo (clojure.lang.RT/classForName "[[F")
>>   ...)
>
> But isn't this too dependent on the actual implementation? I would
> think that "[[F" is an implementation detail of the JVM.

It's a classname, even if not one you could use yourself. I'm pretty
sure it has to be stable for multiple reasons, not least of which
being for serialization (and, thus, RMI among other things) to work
correctly between implementations. It will be in class files as the
classes of various data members and return types and such. There are
probably other places it appears, too. I doubt it could be different
in some implementations any more than "java.lang.String" could be.

That being said, the method I proposed for obtaining a reference to
the class does not depend on this. :)