On 18 Jan, 2011, at 17:37 , cej38 wrote:

> I think the clojure community should be seeking the type of funding to
> make it the goto language for HPC.  As a community we definitely have
> the brains to make it happen.

The brains, yes, but not the academic infrastructure. Scala is based at EPFL,
and the work on parallel programming is done in collaboration with Stanford.
That makes all of a difference when applying for funding in the academic world,
such as the ERC grant that the Scala guys got.

Just out of curiosity: is there anyone else on this list who has an affiliation
with an academic institution? Perhaps we could get together and see if we can
apply for an interesting grant for some Clojure-related work.

Konrad.