David:

Here is a link to the exact source code of the program I was running for my recently published results in the sister thread titled "Problem with garbage collection? Was Euler 14".

https://github.com/jafingerhut/clojure-benchmarks/blob/master/collatz/collatz.clj-1.clj

Is this code also exhibiting the same problem, and if so, which top- level def is causing it? The only top-level defs in my code are three functions defined with defn.

Thanks,
Andy