Suppose I have a sequence of tasks I'd like to parallelize using pmap. The
amount of CPU time these tasks require varies greatly; in particular, many of
them will require virtually no work. Can I rely on pmap to divide the work
efficiently even if there is some pattern to the distribution of easy tasks
(e.g. clumped at the beginning, or every nth)? Assume it's not possible to
identify the easy tasks beforehand.