On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 9:36 PM, Quzanti <quza...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> I probably should have clarified that the reason I need concat is that
> various functions are returning subsets of the arguments as vectors,
> but as stated to keep things simple in the example I just used values

I still recommend using maps. But one possible way:

(ns foo)

(defrecord Person [name age])

(defn create-person [name age]
  (Person. name age))

(defn create [[ctor & args]]
  (apply ctor args))

(create (concat [create-person] ["Peter"] [18])) ;; #foo.Person{:name
"Peter", :age 18}

I see no reason for the ctor to be defined as a string as you've done with
"Person.".