On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 11:46, C. Arel <java10c...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am watching the data structure videos and there it evaluates to
> false.
> Does this mean that only one object is created now? (Clojure update on
> String objects?)

I think this is a distinction without a difference since Strings are
immutable and behave like a value with respect to equals and hashCode.
I suspect the behavior may depend on whether two uses of a given
string literal end up being compiled into the same class file or not.
(Each class file has its own constant space where string literals
occuring in that class are stored.)

// Ben