On 25 February 2011 17:35, Armando Blancas <armando_blan...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Using jline you can exit with ctrl-d. This is from the clojure web
> site in Getting Started:
>
> The REPL has very rudimentary editing. For a better experience, try
> running it via the JLine ConsoleRunner:
> java -cp jline-0_9_5.jar:clojure.jar jline.ConsoleRunner clojure.main

Ctrl-D works with the plain REPL too.  No need for jline for that.
(Or Ctrl-Z on Windows.)  Ctrl-C also works.

> On Feb 24, 4:38 pm, rogerdpack <rogerpack2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello all. A bit new to clojure here.  Anyway I found it a bit
>> difficult to exit from a REPL.
>> Would a patch to make it give instructions (like Python's
>>
>> C:\>c:\installs\Python26\python.exe>>> exit
>>
>> Use exit() or Ctrl-Z plus Return to exit

Would this help?

user=> (def exit "Use Ctrl-C to exit")
#'user/exit
user=> exit
"Use Ctrl-C to exit"
user=>

Not sure how likely it would be for someone to add that to Clojure, though :)

--
Michael Wood <esiot...@gmail.com>