I'm still getting started with Clojure and I'm wondering about how one
should generally go about concurrency and how transparent concurrency
is in Clojure. So, to me there would be two approaches:

A) Be aware of the parts of your system that will be concurrent and
only within these parts write concurrent code using reference types
and so on. My question here would be, how much a developer has to
scratch his head about concurrency. Agreed, it's much easier than
using locks like in Java, but still I have to think about what should
be a ref, what should be an agent and how to set up transactions.

B) Write concurrent code where you can, even the (smallest) parts of
your system which aren't necissarily inherently concurrent. The
question here is, if handling concurrency in Clojure is simple enough
to go about it this way, or if it would be much less effort to write
non-concurrent code.

So, in general I think the question is, how transparent concurrency is
in Clojure. The ultimate goal would be to just write code, that is
concurrent, but to not have to think to much about it.

If you like, you could also compare Clojure's approach to actor based
models.