On Mar 15, 10:30 am, Daniel Solano Gomez <cloj...@sattvik.com> wrote:
> In the end, the it all depends on what fits best with what you are
> doing.  One approach is to simply avoid using multimethods or
> polymorphism as you start developing.  Instead, you can use a custom
> dispatch using if or cond in your polymorphic methods.  Once you find
> your code being littered with such things, you can think about what
> works best in your situation.

Seconded. I often know ahead of time I'll want to extend to
multimethods eventually, but sometimes I don't. Because multimethods,
protocols, and plain-old-functions look the same to the caller, you
can write your code whatever way is most straightforward first, and
add in higher-octane stuff when you discover you need it. Nobody need
ever know.