On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 3:57 PM, dmiller <dmiller2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> No signed assemblies.
>
> What got you below the reported JIT activity into the real problem?
>
> On Mar 18, 11:37 am, Scott Thoman <scott.tho...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I've had a similar issue unrelated to clojure.  In my case we had some
>> signed assemblies and the CLR was taking a long time, in certain
>> environments, to go out and check for certificate revocations when
>> verifying signatures.  IIRC, the initial profiling I did made it look
>> like the time was spent JIT-ing though it wasn't.
>>
>> I've not played at all with clojure-CLR at this point so I don't know
>> if my experience helps or is related to this issue.
>>
>> -stt

Unfortunately, it was by speculation and experimentation.  The other
part of our team, which is in Tokyo, was having the problem more than
we were here in the US.  They ultimately found that by disabling those
checks, their processes would load acceptably.

I was on the same path that you probably are, that is, finding
tools/approaches to drill down into what the CLR is actually doing
during that mysterious time period.

-stt