On 13 Apr, 2011, at 17:16 , Aaron Cohen wrote:

> Do you need to bind *use-context-classloader* to true?

I considered this, not so much because I understand what this setting is good
for, but because its name suggests it might be relevant. But then I looked at
the source code to figure what what actually does, and my conclusion is:
nothing. The var *use-context-classloader* is created with the default binding
"true", and the only place where it is modified pushes a thread binding to
"true" as well. So as long as nothing outside Clojure itself binds this to
"false", it should always be "true".

On the other hand, the function baseLoader() in RT.java does suggest that this
setting is of relevance. I just don't understand how it is support to work.

Konrad.