I am facing problem in using Emacs with Clojure. I am able to use it
with Lisp without any problems.

The problem is - I start the server using "lein swank" (from my
project dir) and then I start Emacs using "M-x slime-connect" but then
as soon as I start typing something in Emacs I get the error -

"lisp connection closed unexpectedly: connection broken by remote
peer"

and below is the java exception -

"unreadable message: (:emacs-rex (swank:autodoc (quote ("d" swank::
%cursor-marker%)) :print-right-margin 132) "user" :repl-thread 4)
exception in read loop
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.Exception: Invalid token:
swank::"

Below is my .emacs file -

;; newer settings
(add-to-list 'load-path "~/.emacs.d/")
(require 'package)
(add-to-list 'package-archives
             '("marmalade" . "http://marmalade-repo.org/packages/";))

;; enter key should work as newline and indent
(add-hook 'lisp-mode-hook '(lambda ()
  (local-set-key (kbd "RET") 'newline-and-indent)))

;; set up the Common Lisp environment
(add-to-list 'load-path "/usr/share/common-lisp/source/slime/")

(require 'slime)
(slime-setup)

;; setting up the color-theme
(add-to-list 'load-path "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacs-goodies-el/
color-theme.el")
(require 'color-theme)
(eval-after-load "color-theme"
  '(progn
     (color-theme-initialize)
     (color-theme-hober)))

;; enable pasting to clipboard (from emacs)
(setq x-select-enable-clipboard t)

;; set the align-let utility
(add-to-list 'load-path "~/.emacs.d/elpa/align-cljlet")
(require 'align-cljlet)

;;; This was installed by package-install.el.
;;; This provides support for the package system and
;;; interfacing with ELPA, the package archive.
;;; Move this code earlier if you want to reference
;;; packages in your .emacs.
(when
    (load
     (expand-file-name "~/.emacs.d/elpa/package.el"))
  (package-initialize))

I have the following installed -
clojure-mode 1.8.1
clojure-test-mode 1.5.5
durendal 0.1
magit 1.0.0
slime 20100404.1
slime-repl 20100404

Please let me know where is the problem. I am too frustrated with
these initial issues.

Thx and regards,
Manoj.