> I'm going to be working on clojure.java.jdbc, with Steve Gilardi, and
> I'd like to get people's feedback on what you like / what you don't
> like / what you need changed or added in clojure.contrib.sql so that
> clojure.java.jdbc can become what the community wants for 1.3.0.

Thanks for asking -- personally I think c.c.sql has a lot to improve
on the configuration aspect (some of which I have started
incorporating here: https://bitbucket.org/kumarshantanu/clj-dbspec/src
). Listed below:

1. Allow _ (underscore) in field names
2. Provide a mechanism to show the SQL being executed (configurable,
so that it can be turned off)
3. Allow users to flexibly convert from Clojure name to DB entity name
4. Allow users to flexibly convert from DB entity name to Clojure name
(this affects resultset-seq)
5. Provide a mode to prevent write operations

DB entity name can be table name, column name, schema name etc.

Besides configuration, I think it can benefit from the following:

6. An INSERT function that returns the generated key(s)
7. The function for creating tables is non-portable across databases
-- make it known in the docstring

I am sure others will have additional points to share. I would suggest
the configuration aspect be split into a separate library from
c.c.sql. Even more importantly, I think it needs a certain degree of
incubation before being promoted to clojure.java.jdbc.

Regards,
Shantanu