On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 2:26 PM, Dave Ray <dave...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If the "blah blah blah..." is meant to represent a very long file name
> or path, my guess would be that you've bumped up against the Windows
> path limit (260 chars) which can manifest itself in weird ways.

I assume that the file name cannot exceed any system limit, or else it
could not exist as such in the first place. Obviously the browser was
able to write the file to that directory with that name, after all;
the current state of the filesystem resulted from the same operating
system low level APIs rather than springing fully-formed from the brow
of Zeus. It would not make sense for those APIs to have one limit for
writing files and another, lower limit for reading them. Not even by
the sometimes-peculiar notion of what "makes sense" that they use in
Redmond.

No, the problem is surely either at a lower level (drive damage?) or a
higher one (issues in Explorer, cmd.exe, and either java.io or
Clojure), or else it's an outright bug and not just an intentional
"limit".