My comment is unrelated to Clojure but related to the general topic of
avoiding redundancy. Please have a look at InfoQ's "Dan Haywood's
Domain-Driven Design Using Naked Objects":
http://www.infoq.com/articles/haywood-ddd-no
The book is definitely worth a read!

Naked Object's (now called Apache Isis http://incubator.apache.org/isis/)
whole purpose is to concentrate the domain knowledge (including the
meta data!) in the domain model and thus avoid the typical
redundancies you find across the different application layers.

Here is an answer to one of my questions to their mailing list to find
out how to query their central meta data infrastructure:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-isis-dev/201104.mbox/browser

One of my ideas (don't know when and if I will ever come around to
pursue that) would be to create an implementation of that meta data
interface in Clojure. That way the whole feature set of the framework
would be available for developing applications in Clojure.