On Mon, 9 May 2011 03:24:44 -0700 (PDT)
Chris Perkins <chrisperkin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have been thinking for while that it would be great to have
> something equivalent to book clubs for reading code. A group could
> meet weekly, all having read the same moderate-sized project, and
> discuss. I wonder if this could be made to work as a web-app, where
> you can sign up, state your areas of interest, and have a weekly
> reading assignment emailed. Then you could meet on IRC or something.
> Just a thought.

I've been thinking about a similar thing. Lists for beginners at a
language include frequent requests to "evaluate my code".  I've been
wondering if there would be any interest in a forum where you could
post a bit of code and let others comment on it. It'd need some way of
picking a language (specific forums? A tag on the post?).

One thing that happens to such posts is they turn into threads of
"best way to solve this problem" - where "best" varies by author.
Similarly, programming "problem set" sites are popular. So maybe an
option for "How would I do this" might be useful.

       <mike
--
Mike Meyer <m...@mired.org>             http://www.mired.org/
Independent Software developer/SCM consultant, email for more information.