On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 6:02 PM, Ken Wesson <kwess...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 5:58 PM, pmbauer <paul.michael.ba...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> "So now you go download this 100MB IDE" is a little heavy. No?

> Don't forget the JDK alone weighs in at three-quarters of that:
>
> jdk-6u25-ea-bin-b03-windows-i586-27_feb_2011.exe, 76.69 MB
>
> (found on http://download.java.net/jdk6/6u25/promoted/latest/binaries/)

Oh, and that's the SMALLEST one on there, not counting the two tiny
Solaris 64-bit ones, which I can only presume can be that small
because a load of dependencies ship with 64-bit Solaris but have to be
bundled with the JDKs for other operating system.

Of course, "buy this $50,000 Solaris mainframe" is even worse than
"download this 100MB IDE" for heaviness. :)

--
Protege: What is this seething mass of parentheses?!
Master: Your father's Lisp REPL. This is the language of a true