Hi, I've seen that one of the biggest speed bumps on the path to
delivering an Android application written in Clojure is app startup
time.

Has anyone tried writing the application's initial activity in pure
java and delegating the loading of clojure to a service?  Perhaps the
service could send a broadcast when it is finished loading. At that
point the activity could enable code paths that jump into Clojure
code.

I'm not completely familiar with how libraries get loaded and
initialized in Dalvik.  This may not even bee possible, or perhaps it
would require the service to be an out of process service.

Anyhow, I would be interested to know if anyone has tried this.

Thanks!