Also released since this thread started, not free, but starting at about
$14/month USD, Amazon's Elastic Beanstalk (
http://aws.amazon.com/elasticbeanstalk/) .  And VMWare has their Cloud
Foundry hosting in beta for free, but it will cost money once it is out (
http://www.cloudfoundry.com/).

GAE is changing their pricing structure soon (
http://www.google.com/enterprise/appengine/appengine_pricing.html) but they
will still have a free offering with lower quotas than now.

I've used both Elastic Beanstalk and appengine-magic with success.