Just to be clear, you do not need to download and build all of your
dependencies, and you do not need to worry about whether they are on your
classpath.  I don't know cake, but I assume it is similar to leiningen in
that is manages all of your dependencies for you, via maven, and again, if
like leiningen, it will manage getting everything in your project's
classpath for you.

So, you just specify your dependencies in your project.clj, and run deps and
via maven it will search some public repositories on the internet to find
those dependencies, and install them automatically in your local maven
repository.