Hi Everyone,
I'm have a side project that I'm working on that I want to distribute
as a standalone script. This is probably best illustrated as an
example. What I would like to be able to do is give users a script, so
they can do:

   gantry -H example.host.com -f examples/tasks.clj uptime

Instead of

   java -jar gantry-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT-standalone.jar -H example.host.com -
f examples/tasks.clj uptime

What I'm curious about is what is the best practice within the
community for doing this? Backing up for a minute, to me, the first
invokation would be the preferred in my mind. Perhaps the second isn't
so bad if you are used to interacting with jar files in this way. I
think I would prefer that the details of running java be abstracted
away from the command line user's experience.

A few approaches I have thought about: 1) Upload the stand alone jar
to github and have the "gantry" script pull down the standalone into
~/.gantry and construct the command line. 2) Create a cake wrapper
(not preferred because it introduces a dependency). 3) Forget the
wrapper and just distribute the jar.

The project I am talking about is here: https://github.com/drsnyder/gantry.
Thanks,
Damon