Whereas when Steve Yegge writes: "which means that everyone (including
> me!) who is porting Java code to Clojure (which, by golly, is a good
> way to get a lot of people using Clojure) is stuck having to rework
> the code semantically rather than just doing the simplest possible
> straight port.  The more they have to do this, the more you're going
> to shake users off the tree." all I could think on reading this is
> "horror, horror, oh God, horror!!!; he really doesn't get it". First,
> he shouldn't be porting Java code to clojure,

Do you mean no one should port Java code to Clojure, or do you mean Steve
Yegge in particular should not port Java code to Clojure?  I can think of
several good reasons why someone (including Steve Yegge) might choose to do
that.  Would you mind elaborating on that point?

Regardless, after reading all of Steve Yegge's comments in that thread, I do
not get the impression he is asking for anyone to throw the kitchen sink
into Clojure.  Rather, he is asking for the Clojure community to be more
receptive toward feedback and questions.  Yes, he says, being more receptive
may lead to additions to Clojure, but it may just as well lead to answering
questions in a constructive way.