On Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 12:21 PM, James Keats <james.w.ke...@gmail.com> wrote:
> A very recent quote by Abelson is relevant:
> "One of the things I’m learning here (Google) is the experience of
> working on these enormous programs. I just never experienced that
> before. Previously a large program to me was a hundred pages or
> something. Now that’s a tiny, little thing."

In your post, you talk about a certain naivete among Lispers about its
practicality in industry, explain that python and java benefit from
their added restrictions, and then offer up the above quote by
Abelson.  But you never really tie these observations back to Clojure.
 So I want to ask explicitly, do you think Clojure is suitable for
these sorts of really large programs?  Why or why not?