I'm very happy to announce the official release of Prudence 1.1.

http://threecrickets.com/prudence/

Prudence is a container and platform for scalable RESTful web applications and services. It features powerful HTML generation, letting you insert Clojure scriptlets into web pages, or write RESTful resources in plain Clojure. Web pages are cached via a very flexible system integrated into the conditional HTTP phase, supporting memcached, MongoDB, SQL and Hazelcast backends.

Deployment-by-zip is quick and easy. Logging is preconfigured and robust. Best of all, Prudence comes with a detailed 100-page Creative-Common-licensed manual, loaded with good advice for building scalable web applications and REST, quite useful for non-Prudence users, too.

Release 1.1 is "cloud ready": Prudence instances can automatically discover each other and form a cluster, where state can be shared, and asynchronous tasks can be launched anywhere in the cluster. A cloud of 100 nodes has been tested on EC2!

Enjoy, create, contribute! And join the Prudence Community group for special magical powers.

http://groups.google.com/group/prudence-community

SCRIPTURIAN

This related project may be of special interest to Clojure developers, who might not have a use for Prudence as a whole.

Scripturian is a robust alternative to JSR-223 (_javascript_ing), providing a very clear threading model and error model where JSR-223 defines none. Additionally, Scripturian takes care of text-with-scriptlet situations, parsing and combining as necessary. Scripturian makes it especially easy to integrate JVM languages into projects that require clear threading models for high-concurrency situations.

Scripturian currently supports Clojure, Rhino, Jython, Jepp, JRuby, Groovy and Quercus.

http://threecrickets.com/scripturian/

THE SAVORY FRAMEWORK = PRUDENCE + MONGODB

Prudence also has a _javascript_ flavor, and for it we've released an especially comprehensive MongoDB-centric development framework, featuring especially comprehensive Ext JS and Sencha Touch integration. The list of features is kinda mind-boggling, so I'll let you browse and read if you're interested:

http://threecrickets.com/savory/

Why is it based on Prudence's "Savory _javascript_" flavor and not the "Scrumptious Clojure" flavor? Good question! We need YOU, NOW to port Savory into Scrumptious. ClojureScript integration would be especially fabulous. ;)

The good news is that Prudence lets you run all flavors together, so it's quite possible (and even recommended) to use Clojure code with the Savory _javascript_ code in the same project. Use the best language for the task at hand.

-Tal