On Jul 25, 7:51 am, cljneo <cljneoph...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have started reading about ClojureScript and Closure and had some
> questions which I am sure will eventually be answered as I move along.
> But I am too eager to know now so I thought of asking instead of
> waiting.
> - On page 2 of the Closure book, there is a workflow figure on using
> the Closure tools, how would ClojureScript change this workflow? It
> would be great to post such a modified diagram to the closure wiki.

Identifing a workflow and implment good tools has just started there
is no definit answer jet.

> - Clojure itself has web development stack (ring, compojure,
> enlive,...). Will some of these libraries be redundant in
> ClojureScript and will be useful only for web development in Clojure
> proper? Or they will still be useful but we will see ClojureScript
> versions of them.

Depens if you use cljs on the client or on the serverside. Something
like ring or compojure could probebly work on a serverside js
implmentation but do not have a lot of use for JS on the clientside.

Librarys like hiccup will probebly work just as well on the client.
Its early days nobody know what will happen. Your best bet is to trie
thing out and tell other people what helped you.

> - Are there any cases where using the current Clojure web development
> libraries would be better than using ClojureScript?

I don't understand that Question. If you want to do Serverside
programming regular Clojure is probebly still better then
ClojureScript with Node.js (or something like that).

The "hole application" with only Clojure as a language is possible if
you programm the serverside with clojure and deliver ClojureScript to
the client there is not really much redundency.