On Jul 25, 2011, at 3:47 AM, Sean Corfield wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 11:45 PM, Tassilo Horn <tass...@member.fsf.org> wrote:
>> The only issue is that with the
>> repo above, version ranges don't work.  If I say
>>
>>  :dependencies [[org.clojure/clojure "[1.3.0-master-SNAPSHOT,)"]]
>
> Your Maven-fu is far off the scale - I didn't even know that kind of
> thing should be possible :)
>
> I use Leiningen specifically to avoid having to learn that sort of stuff...

Coordinates (including version strings) used by Leiningen are Maven
coordinates, so the former won't help you avoid their complexities.

FWIW, this is a decent reference page about the semantics of Maven versions,
version ranges, default conflict resolution, etc:

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Dependency+Mediation+and+Conflict+Resolution

- Chas