> Also, with respect to the lack of ability to interact with the browser
> directly through the REPL or editor like with emacs-swank-slime, is it fair
> to assume that this is just due to the current implementation being
> Rhino-based? Also ClojureScript doesn't support eval, I'm assuming
> JavaScript does - otherwise we wouldn't have so many AJAX tricks where
> websites spit bits of js at the browser to manipulate the dom. I'm therefore
> wondering if it will eventually be possible to spit fragments of compiled
> ClojureScript at a browser to do similar things?

Yes, javascript does have eval. I would guess, however, that any javascript
that uses eval would not be compatible with Google Closure's advanced mode.
You can't prune dead code from a code base that uses eval, because the
eval'ed code has the potential to invoke any piece of every library out
there.

If you want to spit fragments of compiled ClojureScript at a browser, as
part of your development environment, I would look at how the REPL works
now. There is probably incremental compilation going on there, and you
should be able to modify the REPL to send the results of that incremental
compilation to any connected browsers. If you find time to put something
like that together, be sure to let us know how it goes. :-)