I have to agree with this. In fact, it would be much easier to
integrate into Clojure than JRuby (or other JVM languages).

I know the Clojure Java source code pretty well, and wouldn't mind
playing with it a bit to see how feasible it is.

The ideal deployment solution would be to have an extra jar with the
JVM7 stuff that does not interfere with the core code. I'll have to
see how feasible that is.

-Tal