Looks like replace-first-str was deprecated in 1.2: {:deprecated "1.2"}

All future contrib work is focused on the new modular libraries with no
maintenance planned on the old monolithic contrib, so I think I'd recommend
not using replace-first-str and instead use this:
(clojure.string/replace-first "aa" #"a" "b")