I don't understand why this test would fail - can anyone explain why?

(ns learn.clojure.test.core
  (:use [clojure.test]))
(deftest namespaces
  (in-ns 'my.new.namespace)
  (is (= "my.new.namespace" (str *ns*)))
  (is (= `anything 'my.new.namespace/anything)))

expected: (= (quote learn.clojure.test.core/anything) (quote
my.new.namespace/anything))
  actual: (not (= learn.clojure.test.core/anything my.new.namespace/
anything))

When I try this on the REPL, it seems to work as expected:

user=> (in-ns 'my.new.namespace)
#<Namespace my.new.namespace>
my.new.namespace=> `anything
my.new.namespace/anything