On Sep 3, 2:35 am, Brian Goslinga <quickbasicg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The future is probably executing in a different thread, so the dynamic
> binding of *ns* probably isn't the user namespace.

Thanks Brian. That's exactly what happens:

user> (future *ns*)
#<core$future_call$reify__5496@489a44f1: :pending>
user> (deref *1)
#<Namespace clojure.core>

Thus, I have to either re-bind *ns* or use one of the bound-fn forms:

user> (future (binding [*ns* (the-ns 'user)] (eval '(my-inc 1))))
#<core$future_call$reify__5496@eaa4c7c: :pending>
user> (deref *1)
2
user> (pmap (bound-fn* eval) '((my-inc 1) (my-inc 2)))
(2 3)

Thanks again,

   Nils