2011/9/7 Nick Zbinden <nick...@gmail.com>
> Solving the problem is easy. Just implment it by expaning the interface zu
>set type.
> The question we could ask know is why it it not included in the
> standart record?

That was my question precisely. Or at least how I meant it.
Also, Stuart answered it precisely.

> Records have some things that probebly will be
> addressed in future versions of clojure (standart constructur for
> example) maybe making them callable will be something like that.

No, it won't. To reiterate Stuart's answer:
> This is by design. Function position indicates that the data structure is a
> collection, not a (logical) record.

IMO, that's an acceptable convention, analogous to defrecords only
having keyword keys.
But, like all conventions, it should be documented.

>>> Aren't defrecords supposed to be drop-in specializations of  maps?
>> Where maps are used as records, but not where maps are used as
>> collections.
> I would be intressted to know why it was doen this way. Personlly I
> don't mind either way.

Personally, when I want to make dealing with collections explicit, I
use (get coll x default?)
But thinking about it, maps in function positions make a lot more
sense for collection type maps, than for record type maps.
Also, since you only ever have keyword keys in defrecords and (:kw
rec) is a *very* established idiom in clojure, it makes sense to me to
mandate keyword-first access for defrecords.

kind regards