On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 1:55 PM, Islon Scherer <islonsche...@gmail.com> wrote:
> type would be Object, and you would have to typecast it anyway. (Maybe with
> scala's extremely fancy type system you can create a generic first function
> a la clojure but the type signature would make my eyes hurt :)

oh boy.

if you think you have to typecast it, then you are using scala very wrong!

now, i'm not a big fan of all the ascii overhead in scala, so like you
say yes the eyes being to hurt -- i'm not saying that it is easy for
people to get into the scala mindset and to understand how to really
use it. BUT please nobody think that scala is trying to force you to
do runtime typecasing. noooooo way!

sincerely.
:-)