Hi George,

On 25 Sep 2011, at 22:25, George Kangas wrote:

>    Previous versions would silently, automagically convert to bignums
> and
>    give me the answer I wanted.  Is clojure-1.3.0 too serious,
> enterprisy, and
>    Java-like for this sort of thing?  I found no clue in the list of
> changes.

In addition to Baishampayan's excellent answer, it might also be useful to
point you to the relevant documentation.

The 1.3 changelist mentions "Enhanced Primitive Support"
(https://github.com/clojure/clojure/blob/master/changes.txt#L75) which points
to the following two pages:

http://dev.clojure.org/display/doc/Enhanced+Primitive+Support
http://dev.clojure.org/display/doc/Documentation+for+1.3+Numerics