I'm quite happy using emacs's Scheme support.  But then, I've never
experienced the luxury of swank and slime.

The Scheme modes work a bit better (for Clojure) than the Lisp modes,
because: 1) it highlights matching square and curly brackets, not just
parentheses; and 2) after you do "C-u M-x run-scheme" / java -cp..."
to start inferior "Scheme" mode, you can restart it with just "M-x run-
scheme" (within the same emacs session).

So, until you man up, and build the great edifice of leiningen + ant +
maven + ..., something I'll probably never get around to, you can make
do with Scheme mode.  Good enough for the '90s!

Some people are happy with mini-IDE called "clooj" that's under
developement.  You can find that on github.

ciao,

George