Hi,

I'd like to check the interest in the community for a comprehensive
Clojure library/framework/whathaveyou that helps produce Java/Python/
Ruby/... a.k.a. "Blub" (http://www.paulgraham.com/avg.html) code, i.e.
instead of writing a Clojure program that e.g. produces web pages,
writing a Clojure program that produces a Blub program that produces
web pages. A Blub program in idiomatic, maintainable, efficient Blub
code that is.

This is obviously to enable cooperation on shared domain
knowledge/"business logic" across communities with mixed Clojure/Blub
language preferences that I expect will continue to exist for decades.
Full cooperation would then also require the framework to produce
Clojure code that embodies functionality embodied in Blub code. I'd
expect that bit to be harder to realize but also more valuable, as it
would allow drawing not only on the body of work done in Blub for
reasons of preference but also on legacy code from the dark ages when
there was no Clojure.

I'm asking this especially in light of the upcoming Clojure Conj where
there would be an opportunity to discuss this complex subject in a
"high bandwidth" :) kind of way.

Searching this group I haven't found much along those lines other than
isolated problems being tackled -- the question here rather being:
What's the furthest the the envelope can be pushed in terms of co-
opting the Blub world?

Hank