Cool!

I did some quick-and-dirty benchmarking of it this afternoon (GMT+2)
and got between 50 and 70 MiB/s on my machine. The Apache
implementation used for comparison by the unit tests came in at
between 30 and 40 MiB/s.  Impressive.

I've since seen perf_base64.clj go in, though I'm not clear on how
it's intended to be used as it's not actually used by test code,
though it is in the test tree. I thought I'd get c.c.base64 wired up
with swank-clojure since that's my usual way of working and start
exploring. (That was an hour ago.)

I've now got it working (tl;dr: parent 0.0.25 brings clojure 1.3.0;
swank 1.3.3 needs plugin 1.3.8). See also
https://github.com/bpsm/clojure.data.codec/commit/5c285928e5362ab73bfb5a01e2df0d7542bb64d0

So, now I'm ready to explore. Yea! :)

(* Other topic: To Stewart's recent question about encouraging more
use of Clojure's bleeding edge for more timely feedback: I suspect
it's this kind of death-by-a-thousand-paper-cuts dependency foul-ups
that make one gunshy about staying on the bleeding edge. With
swank-clojure, clojure-maven-plugin, clojure, clojure-mode.el in my
tool chain, I've grown reluctant to stay on the bleeding edge even for
projects without library dependencies. The 1.1->1.2 transition was
already rocky for me because of tooling issues. What do the Clojure
devs themselves do to keep their dev environment productive? Use ed
and a raw repl running in two xterms? ;-) *)