Hi, Nicolas, and thanks.

I'm new to clojure (I've been  working through Programming Clojure), and
most of my long work life has gravitated around c, shell scripts, and perl.
That being said, I've tinkered with Lisp dialects for the past twenty-five
years (mostly elisp, scheme, and common lisp), and have always struggled
with both the overall meaning of Lisp (when should I use it, when should I
not?), and with macros.

I downloaded and read the intro to On Lisp, and it looks like exactly what I
need.  I'm going to work through the book, and make comments here about how
it relates to my learning of clojure (assuming that it isn't deemed
off-topic noise).

Regards,
Larry

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 7:33 AM, Nicolas <bousque...@gmail.com> wrote:

> A good book to learn lisp macros, is On Lisp from Paul Graham. This
> book really cover advanced topics and concepts, and has many chapters
> related to macros.
>
> The book is freely available in online format from Paul Graham
> Website: http://www.paulgraham.com/onlisp.html
>
> On Oct 6, 1:02 pm, Michael Jaaka <michael.ja...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Thanks to all! You have helped a lot!
> > Also I will consider reading "Practical Common Lisp".
> >
> > On Oct 6, 9:42 am, Stefan Kamphausen <ska2...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> >

> > > Hi.
> >
> > > You might consider reading Peter Seibel's excellent Practical Common
> Lisp
> > > which has some nice macro-work in it. If after that you're still hungry
> for
> > > more, consider Let Over Lambda by Doug Hoyte.
> >
> > > Admitted, both cover Common Lisp, but the differences will not keep you
> from
> > > getting a deeper understanding of how macros work and where and how
> they can
> > > be used.
> >
> > > (This is more an answer to the subject of this thread, less to the
> question
> > > in your body :)
> >
> > > Regards,
> > > Stefan