On Oct 11, 2011, at 3:17 PM, Meikel Brandmeyer wrote:
> Maybe I'm a bit bold, but shouldn't a 1.3 user be aware, that his limits do
> overflow and specify a bigint to begin with?

Consider someone who passes in a regular integer to the `roughly` checker. It's
near the overflow boundary. That plus the delta happens to be beyond the
boundary. An overflow exception, even though her calculations stay strictly
within the fenceposts of the chip designers and their evil plan to distract
programmers from discovering the World of Ease because they're spending all
their time screwing around with arithmetic boundaries.

An unlikely case, to be sure, but I believe this kind of fit-and-finish is
important.

-----
Brian Marick, Artisanal Labrador
Now working at http://path11.com
Contract programming in Ruby and Clojure
Occasional consulting on Agile