I took a stab at writing a repl for nodejs.

The node documentation has an example of starting a repl that listens
on a socket:
http://nodejs.org/docs/v0.3.1/api/repl.html

Using this I attempted to implement repl/IJavaScriptEnv with some
degree of success.  I had a little bit of trouble determining when
nodejs had finished writing the results since it may span multiple
lines and there doesn't appear to be a stop sequence that indicates
its done writing.  I figure for now I could just read, sleep for a
second, and check if anything more available. But for now I've at
least some simple communication which would be good enough for me.

What I'm not really sure about is how :target :nodejs changes the
compiler output and what I need to do to load the correct bootstrap
files?

I tried (repl/load-file ctx "cljs/core.cljs") on setup but that
doesn't seem to work.  I also tried to compile an completely
empty.cljs file to nodejs and run this into node but this isn't
working for me either.

Anyone know a bit more about the node compilation that could help me
bootstrap the repl environment?
My work in progress is here:
https://github.com/kurtharriger/clojurescript/tree/wip/node-repl

start node repl listening on 5001:
node node/repl.js

connect with clojurescript:
script/replnode

To see what is actually getting sent to the node process I usually
just use:
nc -l 5001 | tee out.txt