I am trying to follow the directions at
http://dev.clojure.org/display/doc/Getting+Started+with+Emacs.
1. I want to install the Emacs Starter Kit. The directions at
http://dev.clojure.org/display/doc/Getting+Started+with+Emacs mention
"GNU Emacs 23 or 24 is recommended", however
https://github.com/technomancy/emacs-starter-kit
says "You'll need Emacs 24".  The directions say "precompiled versions
are readily available for Debian-based systems...". I'm using a Debian
based system. so I went to http://emacs.naquadah.org/.
a. I executed> wget -q -O - http://emacs.naquadah.org/key.gpg | sudo
apt-key add -
b. I'm now confused as to which version I want: Stable? If so I should
then follow the directions to add 2 lines to /etc/apt/sources.list,
and then what do I do?

2. Once I get emacs 24 installed, the directions sort of leave off
with " In both cases, you need to launch a Clojure instance with the
correct classpath settings. This is most commonly done using a build
tool such as Leiningen. For instructions see the Build Tools section
of Getting Started." Going to http://dev.clojure.org/display/doc/Getting+Started
and perusing the Build Tools doesn't explain how to setup and launch a
Clojure instance. I see some explanations at
http://blog.bensmann.com/setting-up-a-clojure-development-environment
but don't know if that includes some obsolete directions.

thanks, -Bruce