> Maybe the world's state is that player "Trantor" is at position [15 34]. Now
> Trantor eats an appel. The appel is removed from his inventory and his
> health is raised by 5 hit points. Did the state of the world change? No.
> Trantor is still at position [15 34]. Does the world have to know about the
> apple in Trantors inventory and the sad state of his hit points?

I know absolutely nothing about games either, however whether an actor
eating an apple changes the state of the world or not would depend on
how you've modeled the world. If the apple was taken from the world so
that other actors cannot eat the same apple then the act of eating
changes the world. And we could even push the argument further by
asking whether a healthier actor has an effect of the world and even
consider the potential effect of a healthier actor as an effective
change of the world. But that'd be pushing it :)