Bravo, bravo! Great speech, I'm already looking for such esseys. I'm
already learning haskell and erlang for great good, because all things
told about lisp has been already read.

I'm also designing system. Because it has some well defined
functionality, my first tought was, hey man I will use obect oriented
approach to creat model of that system. It is easy to document in UML
since I only concerned on fundamental operations. Complexity of
diffrent configurations I wanted to hide in poliformism of java oo
programing. But i have found it corrupted, nevertheless i will still
document it in terms of objects. OO is broken because it require from
me to build tree structure of impl. objects depending on types of
processing, I would make it simpler by message dispatching but, I have
choosed protocols. Still don't know if it will work, because never
used them before, but from read materials that is its purpose. I don't
need state of obj. because it is about processing input and spitting
output.

Btw. from built-in data structures I'm missing trees.