I have also been using Emacs/Org-mode/Babel/R lately, mostly as a way to
have easily modifiable write up and source code for assignments in
statistics courses. I suppose this is one valid use, but I'm using it less
to communicate code meaning and more as a convenient way to perform
analysis, look at the results, and talk about them all in the same place,
and then to easily generate documentation of my efforts [LaTeX output].

I have added the suggested LP readings from earlier in this thread to my
"reading queue". Looking forward to this meetup!

Best,

Damion