On Oct 31, 2011, at 5:40 AM, vikbehal wrote:

> I am from java Background. We say Homoiconicity in Clojure (Lisp).
> Code is data and data is code. I read various blogs on it, still not
> clear, Can you give me some example?

FWIW I think that homoiconicity can be useful in a variety of circumstances
even when macros aren't involved.

I work with genetic programming, in which code is generated randomly, tested,
mutated, recombined, etc. Doing this in a homoiconic language is particularly
elegant. A very simple example that I wrote in Clojure for a class that I'm
teaching is at: https://gist.github.com/1297325 (Many of you will notice that I
could have written "inject" and "extract" more simply with zippers or
clojure.walk; I avoided them here, and did some other things in the way that I
did, for pedagogical reasons.)

 -Lee