As some of you may know, I've recently taken over maintenance of the
clojure-refactoring package for doing simple refactorings in Emacs/
SLIME with clojure-mode.

This package consists of a bunch of clojure code that does the actual
refactoring, plus an elisp file that handles the editor/ui side of
things. I'm working on making the whole package more reliable and one
of the obvious issues right now is that installation is a two-step
process that may be intimidating to new users - especially those
people who don't have a lot of experience customizing their Emacs
setup.

Ideally, what I would like to end up with is a single-step, no-fuss
install process, but I'm unsure how to best get there. Leiningen/cake
based installs are good, provide the clojure dependencies and
generally work fine, so I'm going with clojars right now, but users
still need to extract/download the elisp code separately and keep it
in sync with the clojure code. Which is annoying and intimidating to
people new to Emacs.

Marmalade packages for elisp also work fine but as far as I can see,
you can't easily include clojure jars with marmalade packages and also
make them work "out of the box" with SLIME.

The most straight-forward solution I can think of right now is to
split the package in half; put the elisp code on marmalade and provide
a clojars jar for use as a leiningen plugin/project dependency, but if
anyone can think of a reasonable way of making things simpler than
that for the end-users, I would appreciate any suggestions. I think it
would make a lot of probably already overwhelmed new Emacs / Clojure
users feel a little less intimidated. :)

Please let me know what you think is a good idea.
Thanks in advance,
Joost Diepenmaat.